Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's Really Happening!


Today, I am thankful for my precious roommate and friend, Courtney. It's hard to believe her last day in Waco is tomorrow! I am not sure what life will be like without Court being in the next room, for it is all I have known for the last four years. It will be different, that is for sure. I won't be coming home to the smell of a delicious dinner or an excited Abbey. I won't be able to sit on the couch with Matt and Court while we all give our opinions on each American Idol contestant. I won't be able to hug her on a daily basis or talk about "nothing."  I won't be able to see her beautiful smile or hear her infamous laugh and snort. I won't be able to experience the "retainer" or say, "goodnight." In less than ten days, she will be married. She will have a new name, be moving to a new city, beginning a new job, finding a new church, and making new friends. She isn't going far, but a lot is changing. I know that Court and I will always be friends, because a cord of three strands is not easily broken. I thank God for blessing me with such a loyal, kind-hearted, giving friend. I love Courtney deeply, and she will be missed. Pictures of the beautiful bride-to-be will be coming soon! 

No comments: