Thank You God that all Scripture is given by Your inspiration, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that I may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work (1 Timothy 3:16-17). Today, I am reminded that every part of Your body is important. "And if one member suffers, all the parts (share) the suffering; if one member is honored, all the members (share in) the enjoyment of it" (1 Corinthians 12:26). Thank You that You designed our relationship with You, others, and Your Word to be refining. Thank You that through refinement, I can better understand Your full character.
A couple of months ago, Chris and I decided to be more intentional and go through a study entitled "Before Forever." It is so nice to be in the same city! Chris came over before he had to be at work this morning, and we began our first lesson "Blends and Balances." Don't you love it when God reveals a simple truth in a fresh way? I do! So often, I think that my way is the right way. Chris and I have laughed so much over the past two weeks about how many times I have been wrong! From packing and moving to giving directions, it seems the Lord is trying to teach me something. Dr. Byron Weathersbee, who wrote "Before Forever", said that the initial qualities that attracted him to his wife have caused the most frustration in their marriage, however, daily he needs those qualities in his life for balance! Hmm...I think God may have something greater for me than me just getting "my" way. What do you think? At World Mandate 2008, Lexia Campbell was sharing her testimony. God really used her to speak to me and I know many others! There are two things she said that I won't forget: "In Jesus, every death has a resurrection" and "Our lives can be a trickle or a river!" Lord, help me to forget, ignore, disown, and lose sight of myself and my own interests. Help me to take up Your cross and follow You continually. Thank You that as I choose to deny myself, You are resurrecting Your life to be lived out in me. Keep me from reasoning, but always asking for a revelation from You. Your Word says that He who believes in You (who cleaves to and trusts in and relies on You), from his innermost being shall flow (continuously) springs and rivers of living water! Lord, apart from You, my life will only be a trickle. Make my life a river for Your glory! You are able, and I am willing. The refining process is not easy, but You are worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment