Today, I am thankful for my Mamaw. I miss her very much. I delight in every minute I am able to spend with her on the phone and especially in person! I love this picture of my Mamaw, because I feel that it captures so much of what she is about. Things I will cherish in my heart forever about Mamaw are: her incredible hugs, priceless smiles, contagious laughter, her stories about growing up in the country, her honesty, her addiction to shopping but not always buying, her deals she finds at T.J. Max, her hospitality, her love for Branson, her voice on the phone, her diets, our discussions about exercise and allergies, her huge study Bible always on the coffee table, her love for TBN, Joyce Meyer, and the Gaithers, her "tape-player" always playing music (recently upgraded to a CD player), her love for Mickey Gilley and country music, her beautiful flowers, the greenest yard on the block, her house always neat, her bath robe, her jewelry, praise and worship on the patio, our rendition of "What A Mighty God We Serve" with motions, the treadmill that took up the back half of the patio room, various exercise equipment (weights, sweat bands, thigh master, etc.), "Sweatin' To The Oldies With Richard Simmons," her interest in the O.J. Simpson and Jonbenet Ramsey Trial, her ability to cook, reminding us always to "get more" even when we were stuffed, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, chocolate pies, etc., and last but not least... her love for Jesus and others! My Mamaw, Joy White, has brought and continues to bring countless joy to the lives of so many, especially her family! I am blessed to be her grand-daughter. I am beyond blessed by every member of my family with numerous memories that could be recalled, but today Mamaw was on my heart and I couldn't help but smile and write!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment