Monday, April 30, 2012

My Fabulous Bridesmaids!

Meredith Smith

Maid of Honor, Sister, Roommate, Friend (24 Years)
Meredith Smith
If Meredith wasn't my sister, I know that we would still be the greatest of friends. We are so different yet so much alike. My "sisser" is the first one to come to my defense or tell me when I'm being ridiculous. She surprises me in ways that only she can. She's always looking out for my best interest. Even being younger, the Lord has used her to speak into my life, to encourage me, and to make me laugh. I love her with all of my heart, and thank the Lord that we have the unique opportunity of living together and that she is able to stand by my side on this life changing day!

Savannah Boyd

Matron of Honor, Best Friend (12 Years)

Savannah Boyd
I was just a freshman in high school when I met Savannah, and I fell in love! We've been through so much in the last twelve years. The Lord allows her to walk through so many things "first", and then it's my turn. We laugh and joke about some of the similarities. She has always challenged me to love Christ first and more! I feel like she is my biggest fan, and she is my best friend. She is beautiful and talented, and makes me feel so special.

Ashley Bullard

Bridesmaid, Friend, Accountability Partner (10 Years)
Ashley Bullard
I met Ash when she first came to Christ. Talk about a new creation. We were accountability, prayer, and Bible Study partners. When I think of Ashley, I think "real" woman of God. She has always called out the good in me and loved me (even from a distance). She is bold and strong, and I am so proud of her. She is constantly on the move with her family of four, but with every life change she has become increasingly more beautiful inside and out!

Kelsey Smith

Bridesmaid, Cousin, Friend (22 Years)
Kelsey Smith
She first coined the nickname "Morgie" and stole my heart. I loved carrying Kel around on my hip (as a child), but now I carry her in my heart. I love her like crazy for the beautiful, smart, and pure of heart woman she is. I am so proud that she is my cousin, but that we are also friends. She's athletic, artistic, and loves people. Kel is studying education at UCA, and I am confident she will make a huge difference in the lives of her future students.

Bailey Heard

Bridesmaid, College Friend (6 Years)
Bailey Heard
My only regret with Bailey is that we did not connect sooner. We were mentored by the same woman in college, had Meg as a mutual best friend, but the Lord designed it for us to dig in deeper later. When we get on the phone, time flies and conversation flows. I love Bay for her honesty and vulnerability. She is so beautiful and valuable to me, because she is not afraid to let me in to see the deepest parts of her. I love that we make each other laugh out loud! I love that Bay is ambitious and an entrepreneur at heart. She will continue to do great things in this world!

Tara McMullen

Bridesmaid, Sister of the Groom, Friend (5 Years)
Tara McMullen
When I think of Tara, the word "thoughtful" immediately comes to mind. In the last five years of knowing more of who she is, I am amazed at her beauty. I am so grateful that I will finally be able to call her sister. I thank God for her willingness to go above and beyond for others, and me. She is so loyal, creative, and encouraging. One of my favorite things is when Tara sends me a sweet text message or leaves me a voicemail. I am so blessed to have her in my life, and look forward to many more family memories!

Kim Milam

Bridesmaid, College Roommate, Friend, Neighbor (8 Years)
Kim Milam
She is my refreshing glass of water on a hot summer's day, and I'll need a lot of her as July approaches. She is funny and sincere. She is her own person, and she teaches me not to sweat the small stuff. She says what she means and means what she says, and I love her for it. I love that we had the opportunity to live together in college and now we are neighbors! One of my favorite things about Kim is her laugh. It's amazing, and it always gets everyone else laughing too!

Chelsey Moss
Bridesmaid, Friend (5 Years)
Chelsey Moss
I love Chelsey, because she married my best friend since first grade (Bryan Mitchell Moss). It's like being at "home" when we are together. When I think of her, I think two things "patient" and "servant." She has helped me see that everything is made beautiful in His time and to wait for God's very best. Chelsey is a great listener. Oh! And she's naming her first baby girl after me, which makes me feel like the most important person in the world!

Jordan Folks

Bridesmaid, Cousin, Friend (25 Years)
Jordan Folks
Jordan and I had the great opportunity of going to the same church and school and spending a lot of time at Mamaw and Papaw's. We are cousins, but grew up feeling more like sisters. We were always together. I love Jordan, because she is a peacemaker. She is quick to listen and slow to speak. She is determined and wants the most out of life. I am thankful that we can always pick up right where we left off. She loves the Texas Rangers, and I love when she comes to visit!

Jennifer Kingsriter

Bridesmaid, College Roommate, Friend, Discipleship Partner (8 Years)
Jennifer Kingsriter
The Lord allowed us to meet freshmen year, but connected our hearts a year after that. God gave me Jen to love at a difficult time in her life, and He allowed us to grow closer in relationship with Him and each other. She is like a sister (a combination of Me & Mere). She is competitive and creative, always desiring excellence. Jen always has a new project or is working towards setting another goal. She reminds me not to settle, to let loose, and just have fun!

Megan Douglass

Bridesmaid, College Friend, "Bear Trail" Buddy, Prayer Partner (9 Years)
Megan Douglass
Meg and I looked up after college and realized we had never even been to a movie together. All our times were uniquely designed by our Creator to praise and worship Him. We spent many hours on our knees in my room or walking the bear trail crying out to the Lord for different needs or just because. She is so genuine, and when I think of Meg...I think of a heart that loves whatever Jesus loves and hates what He hates. Her speech is full of grace and benefits all who hear. She is one of a kind. She's adventurous and an awesome vacation buddy!

Regan Haggerty

Bridesmaid, College Roommate, Friend (9 Years)
Regan Haggerty
I will never let go of my Rego. She is always going the extra mile. When I think of Reg, I think to myself, "How does she do it?" She is loyal and passionate. A gifted hostess and event planner, but even more so...a treasured friend. She always has a hot meal or a spot on her couch ready for me whenever I need it. I feel so taken care of by her. She is a woman of great wisdom, strength, and character. I am better for knowing her.
 

Ashton McMullen

Bridesmaid, Sister of the Groom, Friend (5 Years)
Ashton McMullen
Ashton is full of life and the party follows her wherever she goes. She is a gifted artist and a stunning beauty. She gives the best hugs, and has always made me feel like a million dollars. I am proud of who Ashton is and who she will continue to be. She is finishing her freshmen year at Baylor, and I know that God has big things in store. I look forward to sharing this day and many more days with her as my sister. I love her with all of my heart, and trust that God is making her great for His glory!

Kati Matthews

Bridesmaid, College/Graduate School Friend, Sorority Sister (7 Years)
Kati Matthews
I met Kati, and that was it! Instant friends! We met half way through college, but the Lord gave us so many sweet memories together. Night after night (it seemed), we were playing cards, laughing, or at the ball park. Kati is like a cozy blanket. She makes me feel so comfortable. Kati is a woman of excellence, and works with all of her heart in whatever she's called to. Everything she does is marked by her passion for the Lord. She is my sister in Christ, Kappa, and Speech-Language Pathology. We share many interests, and I am grateful for her place in my life.

Courtney McCollum

Bridesmaid, College Roommate, Friend (9 Years)
Courtney McCollum
I love Court for her famous snort, her willingness to listen, the ways we can identify with our Mother/Daughter relationships, and her effort to continue to deepen our friendship. She has been so good at getting excited for me as well as praying for me when I needed it the most. She is organized and gifted in helping others be organized as well. Her life reflects order, and it is evident her highest priority is keeping Christ first.

No comments: