Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!



Most of you know how much I like pictures! Today, I choose to celebrate my Dad through just a few of them. We have so many meaningful memories together, and I wanted to honor him for all he's done and continues to do. So, Dad this is for you...


I love this picture. Even though I am playing in 
a pool and only six years old, this picture still
represents everything my Dad is about in my life.
Whatever decisions I make or steps I take, he is
there. He loves being a part of the process, and 
continues to play the perfect role with each 
year that passes. My Dad is trustworthy. As a 
little girl, I didn't mind making that "big" jump
into the "deep" end of the pool. I knew my Dad 
would be there to catch me. I have never doubted 
his love and devotion. There is a security there that 
I will forever be grateful for and will always lead me 
to choose faith over fear. I know that he delights in
me, because I see it in his face and hear it in his 
voice. Even when I mess up, he is there with open
arms, ready to embrace me. I delight in being his 
daughter. My Dad has taught me what it means to 
trust. I have always been able to count on my Dad for 
anything and everything. He has been the biggest reason 
I have been able to know my Heavenly Father as He is - 
an extravagant Lover of His children and forever
faithful. Thank You Dad for loving me so much
and so well. 


Those of you who know my Dad know that I don't 
have to tell you how much fun he is. Growing up 
on the lake was one of the best things for our family.
Whether we are at the lake, on vacation, or at home,
Dad never fails to make it fun! He is the life of the
party. My Dad is all about family and all about people.
He is so good about including others and making 
people feel loved. Over the years, I have learned so
much from him. He is a servant and one of the greatest
givers I have ever seen in my life. He cheerfully gives
of himself each and every day, and I will forever be 
changed because of his generosity. Thank You Dad
for always being available. Every minute you spend
with us means more than you know. 


I love this picture, because it is such a "Kodak"
moment. I am sure we were just "singing in the
rain." Ha! I actually don't remember this actual
event, but what I love about it is that my Dad is
holding me. You can see that we are both smiling.
It seems to be a re-occurring theme with my Dad -
everyone all smiles. Thank You Dad for always 
holding me when I needed it the most and just
because. Your touch means so much, and it always
will.


There seems to be a lot of water in these pictures!
Ha! Thank You Dad for being the one on the floor,
in the water, or wherever it was we wanted to play.
Thank You for getting on our level and making us
feel like we were the only girls in the world. It's 
always been a special thing to be one of the "Smith"
girls! Whether it was taking us to the lake or
renting our favorite car on vacation, you have always
put our interests above your own.


Daddy, Thank you for loving Mom like Christ loves
the church. Thank you for showing us what it means
to lay down your rights and your life. Thank you for
the team approach that you and Mom take on every-
thing. Thank you for not hiding conflict from us, 
but teaching us to love each other more in the midst
of it. Thank you for being crazy about Mom and still 
pursuing her passionately after twenty-six years. 
Thank you for being the first to say that you are sorry.
Thank you for your humility and honesty. You have led 
and continue to lead our family so well. 


Thank you for being you! Thank you for every
e-mail, phone call, letter, etc. It makes my day
when I hear from you. I smile every time I think
of you, and I can honestly say that there is no one
else I would rather have be my Dad. Thank You God
for allowing me to have such an incredible father, 
who reflects so much of Your character.

No comments: