Saturday, January 21, 2012

Celebrating My Bridesmaid...Chelsey Moss!


I've decided to feature a different bridesmaid on my blog (in no particular order) from now until the wedding. Today, I am choosing Chelsey Moss. Chels and I met through Chris in 2007, and we quickly became great friends. I remember the first time I met Chelsey we went to a movie with Chris and then sat in the parking lot talking for hours afterwards. At the time, Chelsey was single and just beginning her professional career as a teacher. We were able to connect on so many different levels. I also remember her beginning to call me and make an effort to go deeper in our friendship since I was dating one of her good friends. Even though I lived in Waco and she lived in Rockwall, it seemed like she was always willing to help. For example, when I needed to move out of my home that I had lived in through college, Chelsey ("the packing machine") was right there to help me. I had never seen someone put a box together so fast. Over the years, there have been so many ways that she has served me and loved me. Besides sharing the same passion for Christ, music, and food (We are total meat and potato girls!), Chelsey also married my best friend since first grade, Bryan Moss. I always joked with Bryan about introducing him to his wife one day, but God sure did make that one happen! Before I knew it, Chris and I had broken up and Bryan and Chels were getting married. Yes, Chris and I definitely stood on the stage with our best friends as they tied the knot and we were falling apart. God had a different plan for us though! And it was beyond anything we could think or imagine! We are so grateful that the Lord has allowed us to journey with Bryan and Chelsey through dating, engagement, marriage, and now having little Abigail Morgan Moss (their first baby girl!). When I first met Chelsey, I knew we clicked. But I had no idea how our hearts would be joined for life. Chelsey was a little older (not right out of college) when she met and married Bryan. She waited and I can hear her singing now "I ain't settling...just getting by..." by Sugarland. So many times we were in the car singing to the top of our lungs the lyrics to that song! Chelsey is a woman of God that reminds me not to worry, to be patient, and to trust Him. Thank You Chels for being a friend that is always there when I need you! And thanks for being the sweet wife you are to Bryan. I can't wait to see you as a Mother. You are beautiful. I don't see you nearly as much as I would like, but I treasure our conversations on the phone and our skype dates!

No comments: