Monday, November 22, 2010

BECAUSE HIS LOVE IS BETTER...

Name change. When I first began this process, I knew of one person that actually blogged. I was in graduate school, and one night (when I should have been studying) I thought I would give it a whirl. I never liked the name "Casual Conversation With Morgan." However, in the moment, I was just trying to think of something. My friend had a blog named "Chelsey's Chatter." I thought it was cute, and I really didn't think my blogging adventure would last very long. So, I typed chatter into the thesaurus. And the rest is history... Somehow, I came up with the longest blog name possible. Well, I don't know that I have shortened it, but I've given it more meaning. At least, to me. You see, names are a big deal to me. When I looked at what I wanted my blog to be about, I feel like that part was easy. It was like the words just rolled off my tongue, truly an overflow of my heart. That did not happen with the title of my blog. Now, almost three years into this journey...God spoke the name to me this morning. "BECAUSE HIS LOVE IS BETTER..." kept resonating in my heart. I thought, of course! How could it be anything else? Because His love is better, my mouth will speak, my hands will type, my mind will think thoughts that are worthy of being written down. Because His love is better, I will choose to be a blessing, to encourage, to spur others on in love and good deeds. Because His love is better, I will remain thankful. Because His love is better, I will remember His faithfulness. I will choose to be authentic, to be vulnerable. Why? Because He loves me. Because He loves you. Because He deserves all of the glory, and honor, and praise.this isn't just a cool phrase that popped into my head or something i was just trying to think of...it's straight from the word of god. it is truth. it's the cry of david when he was in the desert. he said, "you, god, are my god, earnestly i seek you; i thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water. i have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and glory. because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. i will praise you as long as i live, and in your name i will lift up my hands. i will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. on my bed i remember you; i think of you through the watches of the night. because you are my help, i sing in the shadow of your wings. i cling to you; your right hand upholds me. those who want to kill me will be destroyed; they will go down to the depths of the earth. they will be given over to the sword and become food for jackals. but the king will rejoice in god; all who swear by god will glory in him, while the mouths of liars will be silenced." Jesus, You are truth. I thirst for You. My whole being longs for You and all that You want for me. Silence the father of lies. You have the victory. You have the power. I rejoice in You and what You enable us to overcome as Your children. Thank You for that kind of love. When I look back at what You have done (even in the last three years), I am amazed. I have seen You. I have beheld Your power and Your glory. I know that Your love is better. Forgive me for the moments that I forget. I hate when I'm like the Israelites. How soon we forget. I trust You. Thank You for Your right hand that upholds me. You are faithful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the new name and love you!