Saturday, February 14, 2009

You Are For Me!

"So faithful, so constant
So loving and so true
So powerful in all You do
You fill me, You see me
You know my every move
You love for me to sing to You
I know that You are for me
I know that You are for me
I know that You will never forsake me in my weaknesses
I know that You have come now
Even if to write upon my heart
To remind me who You are
So patient, so gracious
So merciful and true
So wonderful in all You do
You fill me, You see me
You know my every move
You love for me to sing to You
Lord, I know that You are for me
I know that You are for me
I know that You will never forsake me in my weaknesses
I know that You have come now 
Even if to write upon my heart
To remind me...
That I know that You are for me
I know that You are for me
I know that You will never forsake me in my weaknesses
I know that You have come now even if to write upon my heart
To remind me who You are..."
-Kari Jobe

"What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all - how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things?" Romans 8:31-32

Lord Jesus, 
Thank You that there is no condemnation for those who are in You. Thank You that, through the cross, You set us free from the law of sin and death. Thank You for allowing Yourself to become a sin offering. Thank You that You have given us the way to live in accordance with the Spirit. How I long to have a mind that is always set on what the Spirit desires. Your Word tells us that the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace. Thank You that, when we accept Your precious gift of salvation, Your Spirit comes to live within us and we are controlled by it. Thank You that the Spirit of Your Father who raised You from the dead is the same Spirit that lives within us. What power! Thank You that we did not receive a spirit that makes us slaves to fear, but the Spirit of Sonship. And by You, we cry, "Abba Father." Thank You that Your Spirit testifies that we are God's children. Thank You that through being Your children, we are also heirs of God and co-heirs with You. Thank You that Your Spirit helps us in our weaknesses and intercedes for all the saints in accordance with Your will. Thank You that all things work together for good, to those who love You and are called according to Your purpose. Thank You that nothing can separate us from Your love, and that You are for us in every way!

No comments: