Thursday, October 16, 2008

Rise & Shine! Give God The Glory!

I love the morning when all is still and quiet. Sometimes, I just want to get back in my bed for a few more minutes. However, it is so worth it to get up! My prayer is that from the time my feet hit the floor in the morning until my head hits the pillow at night that I would bring Him glory. 

"To man belong the plans of the heart, but from the Lord comes the reply of the tongue. All a man's ways seem innocent to him, but motives are weighed by the Lord. Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed...In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps...How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose understanding rather than silver....Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall....Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord." (Proverbs 16)

Lord Jesus, 
    I am trying not to make too many plans, but there are some plans in my heart. I am waiting for Your reply. Weigh my motives. I commit to you all my plans of a career, a place to live, a marriage, a family, etc. Plant me where You want me that I may be on display for the glory of Your splendor. I am so thankful that You determine my steps. Lord, I ask for wisdom. I need Your wisdom more than I need a great paycheck or anything else in this world. By Your Spirit, help me to choose understanding. I know that pride goes before destruction. If there is any haughty spirit within me, get it out! I receive Your instruction and the instruction of the authority You have placed over me. Thank You for Your promise that he who trusts in You will be blessed. I love you Jesus. You are so good. 

No comments: